Why Frozen Foods?
- Frozen fruit and vegetables are generally picked at peak ripeness. They are often washed, blanched, frozen and packaged within a few hours of being harvested.
- Certain vitamins and antioxidants begin to decline immediately after harvesting, freezing locks in the nutrients when fresh produce nutritional values deteriorate over time.
- Many proven health benefits
- High in anti-oxidants
- Rich in essential vitamins
- High fiber/low fat
- Nothing artificial
- Some fruits benefit from IQF freezing (raises anti-oxidant levels)
- Consumer convenience, less waste – only use what you intend to eat and keep the rest frozen.
For more information, please read Frozen Fruit and Vegetable Facts published by Frozen Food Foundation: